Monitor School was used from 1905 – 1996. Over the years, it served grades kindergarten through twelfth until the school system expanded. It was named
for the Monitor Pig Iron Furnace. For years, those passing by and living in the neighborhood have reported strange orb-like lights inside the building. And the lights have been known to flicker on and off.